Install Wallet on Apple Mac
Before you start, the team recommends that you read Getting Started if you haven't already. It's a 30-second read that will save you time.
Mantis is both a graphical wallet and a command-line client. You can download either or both.
This section outlines how to install the Mantis wallet on your Apple Mac machine. If you want the client, follow the client installation instructions.
These are the prerequisites for installing Mantis Wallet:
- A Java Virtual Machine (JVM) with version 1.8.x.
To check the JVM version, use
To install Java, follow these instructions. (Note that the Mantis team has not tested the wallet with JVM 1.9 or later versions)
- A minimum of 4GB of memory (RAM) Additional RAM is needed for the DAG file if mining is enabled.
- 250GB of disk space to ensure fast sync of the node. You will need more than that for the future growth of the chain. You should have an SSD of at least 500GB for full sync.
Installing the wallet
To install Mantis wallet, follow these steps:
- Choose and download the Apple Mac installer from the wallet releases page. The Apple installer is the one with the .dmg extension. Note the checksum.
Remember to run checksum verification on your downloads. Refer to this section for instructions.
- Open (mount) the .dmg file and proceed with a standard Mac install.
mv Mantis-Wallet-3.1.0.AppImage /home/<user>/bin/cd /home/<user>/bin/
We recommend placing the Mantis folder in the default folders provided during install.
- Now, you can run the wallet by double-clicking the file or running it through your Desktop environment.
For information on the available networks, see this page
For the next steps in the story, go to the Learn or How to sections.
To update the Mantis wallet, replace the binary with the newer version and use the new file instead of the older one.
mv Mantis-Wallet-<newer-version>.AppImage /home/<user>/bin/