Install Client on Linux or Apple macOS
Before you start, the team recommends that you read Getting Started if you haven't already. It's a 30-second read that will save you time.
Mantis is both a graphical wallet and a command-line client. You can download either or both.
This section describes how to install the Mantis client on your Linux or Apple machine. If you want the wallet, follow the wallet installation instructions.
These are the prerequisites for installing Mantis client:
- A Java Virtual Machine (JVM) with version 1.8.x.
To check the JVM version, use
To install Java, follow these instructions. (Note that the Mantis team has not tested the client with JVM 1.9 or later versions.)
- A minimum of 4GB of memory (RAM) Additional RAM is needed for the DAG file if mining is enabled.
- 250GB of disk space to ensure fast synchronizing of the node. You will need more than that for the future growth of the chain. You should have an SSD of at least 500GB for full sync.
Installing Mantis client
To install Mantis, follow these steps:
- Download the client binary zip archive from the Mantis Client page.
Note the checksum.
Move the zip file to your preferred folder and unzip the client archive file. Finally, remove the zip file.
mv mantis-3.2.1.zip/home/<user>/bin/cd /home/<user>/bin/unzip mantis-3.2.1.ziprm mantis-3.2.1.zip
- (Optional) Rename your Mantis bin folder for future updates.
Default folders for applications are
/usr/local/bin. We recommend placing the Mantis folder in there.
- Now, you can run the client from its install folder.
This command runs the client in the foreground with settings defined in the
<network-name>.conf file in the
conf folder under the Mantis base folder.
The client synchronizes with your chosen network as soon as it starts. The synchronization process can take several hours, depending on the network selected.
For information on the available networks, see the client and wallet page
- (Optional, but recommended) Add the binary to your PATH. Add the following line to your
.zshrc(or equivalent). Source the profile file.
export PATH=$PATH:~/bin/mantis-3.1.0/binsource ~/.profile
Updating the Mantis client
To update the Mantis client, replace the Mantis folder with the newer version.
mv mantis-<newer-version>.zip /home/<user>/bin/unzip mantis-<newer-version>.zip /home/<user>/bin/mantis